Are you looking for the best white comforter? You can instantly create a clean and fresh look using such a fluffy and bright comforter in your bedroom. I have collected lovely options from the online market, from budget-friendly options to luxurious ones. Choose between many sizes and fillings. Are you a fan of natural options? No matter, excellent down, wool, and silk versions will you find. But don’t worry, if you are into modern fillings, I’ll show you some perfect down alternative solutions.
- What is a comforter?
- What is what? – Tog, Fill power, Thread count
- Best white comforter choices of the year – Our picks
- Luxor Linens – Valentino Natural Down Comforter
- Easeland – All Season Queen Size Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter
- Globon – Winter White Goose Down Comforter
- Sleep & Beyond – MyComforter
- SilKicah – Mulberry Silk Comforter
- Miracle – Miracle comforter
- Texartist – Soft Quilted Down Alternative White Comforter
- Closing Thoughts
Check out the Best Epic Daily Deals!
What is a comforter?
The comforter is a thick and quilted blanket that is perfect for keeping you warm. Instead of duvets, the comforter doesn’t need an additional cover; it is ready to use when you pull it out of the box. Are you unsure what a duvet is or what a comforter is? Read our post about the similarities and differences of duvets, comforters, and quilts.
Typically comforters are made of two identical materials sewn together with a sewn-through technique in a grid format. It means that the stitching goes all the way through both sides of the comforter. This stitching creates little boxes filled with down, feather, wool, or other hypoallergenic alternative material.
What is what? – Tog, Fill power, Thread count
If you start to search for a new comforter or duvet insert, sooner or later will find such expressions as tog, fill power, or thread count. Make it clear what is what and how they help you to find the ideal comforter for yourself.
- Tog – Tog is a measure of thermal resistance and meaning how much warmth the item can keep based on the outside temperature. Low tog value items are trapping less heat than higher tog value ones.
- Fill power – Fill power can describe how much air your duvet can trap. The more air it traps, the more comfortable and softer you will find it. Air is a perfect heat insulator, so a higher ability to trap air provides a warm feeling since it keeps your body’s warmth under the blanket.
- Thread count – A material’s thread count refers to the number of threads per square inch. For example, the fabric has a thread count of 200, which means there are 100 threads lengthwise and 100 threads widthwise. Thread count indicates the softness and durability of cloth but means nothing if it is made whit short, low-quality thread.
Best white comforter choices of the year – Our picks
Give yourself the time to browse these attractive options carefully. If you are unsure how to choose among these lovely comforters, what features you need, check out our 13 steps comforter buying guide.
Luxor Linens – Valentino Natural Down Comforter
This beautiful and fluffy luxurious comforter is so lightweight that you hardly feel that it is on your body. The high fill power European white goose down filling is in a baffle box constructed 1200 thread count Egyptian 100% cotton shell to avoid thickening of the down and provide a smooth and gentle touch to your skin. You can choose between two versions, a lightweight and an all-year-round usable higher fill power alternative. If you would like to cover this lovely comforter without losing the benefits of the high thread count, give a try to Luxor Linens gorgeous striped Egyptian cotton duvet cover. The size options are broad, from Twin till California King; you can purchase any size you wish.
Down comforters are incredibly soft. Right after wrapping you in, you will feel the gentle, welcoming touch of it. They are warm but still breathable. You can experience that after every use, they need fluffing.
- Two versions: 600 fill power lightweight, 900 fill power all-season
- 1200 Thread count Egyptian cotton shell
- Baffle box design
- Lifetime warranty and 30-day trial
- Twin, Full/Queen, and King/California King sizes are available.
Easeland – All Season Queen Size Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter
This purse-friendly hypoallergenic polyfill comforter is a perfect option for those who cannot use a down comforter. The shell is a double-stitched brushed fabric; you won’t find any loose thread. You can use this comforter all-year-round; it will keep you warm. Great, time-saving plus that this comforter is machine washable, and you can put it in the dryer as well. The size, color, and pattern options are excessive. You can pick even an oversized queen and king version besides the most prevalent sizes. Note that it will need some time in the dryer or a few hours of sunlight to reach its real fluffiness due to vacuum packing.
- Premium hypoallergenic polyfill
- Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Brushed fabric cover with a soft and cozy feel
- Board size options: Twin, Full, Queen, Oversized Queen, King, Oversized King, and California King
- Different colors and patterns: dark grey, grey plaid, grey and white striped, navy, navy plaid, white
Globon – Winter White Goose Down Comforter
This white goose down-filled comforter is a perfect option for a luxurious comforter that is easy to care for. Thanks to the special Texcote Nano treatment, the down becomes water repellent and machine washable. The comforter got a soft sateen cover with a decent 400 thread count and a baffle box construction to avoid cold spots on its surface. All-season and winter options are available to provide maximal comfort to its user. The number of size options is a bit poor; you can pick only Queen or King size. The product is Downpass audited, which guarantees that the down is not sourced from living- plucking.
- 700 fill power white goose down filling
- Winter and All seasons options
- 100% sateen weave cotton shell with 400 Thread count
- Baffle box design
- Oeko-tex standard 100 certified and Downpass audited
- Machine washable
Sleep & Beyond – MyComforter
Sleep & Beyond offers a lovely white comforter with natural 100% wool filling. This product is a perfect option if you suffer from allergies to down or feather but still prefer non-synthetic solutions. Wool is a highly breathable thermoregulator that keeps you warm in winter and cold in summer. The comforter got an excellent sateen cover with a 300 thread count. Purchasing a wool product, you accept the smell of these wool-filled items. This odor comes from the wool that is free from any chemicals or toxins. With proper air circulations, it dissipates in a few days.
This natural fiber is ideal for keeping you cool during hot nights since it is an excellent natural thermoregulator. It is also hypoallergenic so that you can say goodbye to nighttime allergy symptoms.
- Shropshire hypoallergenic wool filling
- Thermoregulator – keeps you warm in cold weather and cold in hot temperature.
- Machine washable
- Crib, Twin, Full/Queen, King, and Super King size options
- Super breathable and wicks away moisture quickly
SilKicah – Mulberry Silk Comforter
This mulberry silk comforter is a super lightweight and airy feel solution that you can wrap in yourself comfortably. Sleeping in a silk comforter is a unique experience and has a sophisticated feel. You will experience the benefits of a breathable fabric that can trap a significant amount of air to keep you warm. Care of this item is a bit tricky. Never wash or dry clean it. Air cleaning is the only option you can choose. So it is highly recommended to use an additional cover and wash just that one frequently.
Silk comforters are super lightweight but still warm. You feel like sleeping under the gentle touch of a cloud. Silk also keeps away dust mites, so it can be a perfect choice if you suffer from allergies. They need professional cleaning.
- 100% dupion mulberry silk filling that is highly breathable and hypoallergenic
- White sateen casing to keep the soft feel
- Use an additional cover and wash just that cover if needed.
- Toddler, Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes are available.
- Rustle-free use
Miracle – Miracle comforter
Miracle promises more fluffiness with less sweat, which is good news for warm sleepers. Using such a blanket can eliminate the continuous tossing in bed while keeping your blanket on your body. Miracle goes even further with its high-tech technology developed by Nasa. They state that the silver technology stops bacteria growth, therefore, keeps away unpleasant odors, and your comforter will require less frequent washing. Miracle also provides a duvet cover and pillow shams with this exceptional silver technology. If you like the idea of bacteria-free sheets and comforter, give Miracle products a try with the money-back guarantee of the 30-night trial.
- Extra fluffy
- Prevents bacterial growth with unique silver technology
- With extra-long thread Supima cotton cover of 680 thread count
- Hypoallergenic and 100% vegan
- 30-night trial with no question money-back guarantee
- Full/Queen and King/California King sizes are available
Texartist – Soft Quilted Down Alternative White Comforter
Choose this purse-friendly option of Texartist if you are looking for an easy-care down alternative comforter. The fiberfill will provide a breathable and warm choice for you without complicated cleaning methods and perfect for year-round use. This comforter is machine washable in cold water and can be dried in a large size dryer. The blanket got corner loops to keep your sheets stuck to the comforter smoothly. You will find the perfect option for yourself on the board size palette, and grey and reversible two-color versions are available as well.
Down alternative comforter
Down alternative comforters are less expensive than natural versions but less breathable as well. The warmer they are, the heavier they become because of more filling. Care for them is straightforward and easy.
- Baffle box construction with a brushed fabric shell
- Filled with down alternative whole piece 4D Spiral Fiber
- Corner loops to keep the comforter in place
- Machine washable in cold water, tumbled dry low.
- Twin, Full, Queen, Oversized Queen, King, and California King sizes
- White, grey, and reversible white and grey colors
I hope you found the best white comforter for yourself and are just waiting to arrive at your place. Please share how you got to your final decision; it might help the others choose a new comforter more confidently.
Are you afraid that you will be bored of the plain white color of your new comforter? A lovely and colorful duvet cover can always solve this problem in a blink. Any time you can refresh your bed’s look quickly by putting it in a duvet cover, after it, you can enjoy your room’s utterly new look. Would you like to know more about how to choose a duvet cover? Check out our buyers guide about what is a duvet cover.
You might be interested:
- Best luxury pillows
- Women’s sleep is different – Do women need more sleep?
- Best upholstered bed frames